With Paola Muggia
» Register NowThis Garden City event series is part of the Excellence in Nonprofit Management Certificate Program.Grant Writing and Grants Management
9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Effective grant writing and well-organized grants management programs are the lifeline of many nonprofit organizations. This highly-interactive course will guide participants through the process of writing successful, persuasive grant proposals and supporting documents and the key elements and major steps in the maintenance of effective grant management programs.Learning Objectives:
Participants will learn to:
1. Write clear, high impact proposals for foundations, corporations, and government funders
2. Research and cultivate new grant/contract opportunities or renewals with expansions possibilities
3. Work in collaboration with their program staff, executive director, chief financial officer, and other to develop grant proposals and necessary supportive material.
4. Develop relationships with funders
5. Handle the administrative tasks required for an effective grants management process that meets generally accepted standards as wella s the requirements of each funding source.Fund Development
1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Fund development is a primary responsibility of anyone leading today's nonprofit organization. This course will explore the current tre